13 Jul California State Fair is Back
“There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California.”
Use the share link to the left to share this post to your social media. Just copy the text below, click share and past the text and click share again. It’s that easy. front porch… We make it easy.
July 15th-31st, 2022
After the California State Fair was canceled in 2020 and 2021, it’s back and better than ever in 2022 with a planned opening on Friday, July 15 running through to Sunday, July 31, 2022.
What Does the State Fair Have to Offer?
- Live music performances, dozens of food vendors, rides and activities are among the highlighted festivities at the family-friendly event.
- Some of the other entertainment that fair-goers are treated to includes food and livestock competitions, thoroughbred horse racing, and talent shows for adults and children.
- Visitors can also take in a variety of extreme sports competitions and demonstrations, including freestyle motocross.
- For indoor browsing, there’s a juried fine art show, crafts exhibitions, and — for kids of all ages — don’t miss a visit to the Toytopia exhibition featuring retro coin op games, a giant interactive doll house, and lots, lots more.
Anyone looking to get out and enjoy a great state fair will find that the California State Fair is one of the biggest and best of them. With so much to do and see, it’s end-of-summer excitement you won’t want to miss. Click here to access more information, dates and times.
DID YOU KNOW? California State Fair fun facts
• A major draw at the early fair was a real, live train crash — staged annually to entertain audiences with an eyeful of twisted wreckage as two locomotives met head-on! The big bang ended several years later with the start of World War I.
• Revive yourself at the fair with an orange freeze at Merlino’s, a Sacramento tradition since 1946. Legend has it that EMT’s were once called to the fairgrounds for a visitor suffering from the heat. He was given a Merlino’s freeze and by the time medics arrived he was fine.
• While you’re there, have a taste of the California grape. The state fair hosts the oldest wine competition in North America, with more than 2,800 entries each year.
• In addition to bacon-wrapped turkey legs and the 1/3 lb. Elvis hamburger, remember that this is the California State Fair where vegan, gluten-free and fresh salad and fruit dishes are always on prominent display.
• For a great overview of everything to see and do, ride the famous California State Fair monorail that was inspired by another famous California attraction, Disneyland.