Use the share link to the left to share this post to your social media. Just copy the text below, click share and past the text and click share again. It’s that easy. front porch… We make it easy.
Getting a mortgage can be stressful … bank statements, credit scores, interest rates, loan estimates, and closing disclosures can really put a dent in the excitement of buying a home. That’s why I’ve put together a list of dos and don’ts of the mortgage process, to help you cut through the noise and get back to the fun part!
Make sure that you do NOT:
• Buy a car
• Get married or divorced
• Change professions or start your own business
• Change bank accounts
• Make any large purchases (appliances, furniture, etc.)
• Throw away documents
• Incur any late payments
• Open or apply for any new credit cards
• Overwhelm yourself by trying to understand everything on your own. Ask questions and lean on your agent and lender!
Make sure that you DO:
• Keep all accounts current, including mortgage, car loans, credit cards, etc.
• Contact your lender anytime a question may arise
• Make all payments on or before due dates on all accounts, even if the account is being paid off with your new loan
• Return phone calls and emails promptly from your agent, loan officer, Settlement Company, or anyone else involved in your transaction ASAP!
If you’re thinking about starting the pre-approval process, I’d be happy to recommend a few of my trusted lenders — just shoot me a message!
Give us 15 minutes and we’ll walk yout through all the details and benefits of our Agent Assist Marketing Program. This is a real live Zoom call so you can ask all the questions you want. We will cover building your brand, websites, social media, newsletters and our blogging and transforming you into a ROCK STAR!